13 Jun Date Caramel Biscuits
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup sukari soft cooking dates
- 1 tsp walnut butter *
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
* Walnut butter can be substituted for pecan or cashew butter
CARAMEL FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 6h
- 1 cup sukari soft cooking dates
- 1/4 cup almond mylk
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw virgin coconut oil, melted
1. In a food processor, combine pecans & walnuts and process until broken down.
2. Add remaining ingredients & process until you get a dough (I like to find small chunks of cacao nibs, so I add them at last)
3. Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper & press with a rolling pin until you get the thickness you like.
4. Cut round cookies using a cutter. Press the scraps of dough back into a new layer and cut more cookies.
5. Dehydrate the cookies for 12h at 115F. If you don’t have a dehydrator just freeze or refrigerate them for a few hours until set.
6. To prepare the caramel filling blend all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
7. Stream melted coconut oil until combined.
8. Let set in the fridge for at least 2h to harden.
9. Fill a pipping bag with the caramel, pipe it in the center of half of the cookies, and cover them with the other half.
10. At this point you can dip your biscuits in melted chocolate if desired.
11. Keep them refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Developed by: Dates and Avocado !