10 Dec Date Sugar Pancakes
Pancakes are always a huge success for breakfast or brunch. We’ve created a more nutritious version only sweetened with our dates sugar and without any additional refined sugar.
The pancakes taste delicious with dates syrup, fresh fruit or nuts or almonds.
Serves about 5 / Preparation time 10 minutes plus cooking time
- 250 g flour
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- ½ packet baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g melted butter
- 370 ml milk of your choice
- 2 eggs
- In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Put the whites aside and mix the egg yolks with the milk.
- Slowly add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture. Stir carefully so that no clumps form. Add the melted butter and mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Beat the egg whites and fold them into the batter.
- Slowly heat a lightly greased pan. Add a scoop of the pancake batter. Flip the pancake as soon as bubbles start to appear on the surface. Put the finished pancakes on a plate.
Serve the pancakes with some date syrup, for example. They taste excellent when lukewarm.
The pancakes can be stored for several days in an airtight container in the fridge.