15 Jan Financiers with dates and chocolate
An old classic with a new twist that goes perfectly with an afternoon tea or coffee and adds just the right amount of sweetness to your break.
Financiers are deliciously tender small bites that are impossible to resist, especially with our recipe that substitutes sugar with juicy Sukari dates!
Ingredients for about 16 small financiers:
- 50 g melted butter
- 70 g Sukari Cooking dates
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 25 g flour
- 25 g almond flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 60 g egg whites
- 6 pieces black chocolate for the icing
Preheat the oven to 170° C. If you don’t have a financiers mold, you can also use a mini muffin pan.
- Mix the Sukari with the melted butter. Add cocoa, flour, almond flour, and milk and mix with a spatula. The mixture should not be too liquid.
- Beat the egg whites and carefully fold in the dough.
- Put the equivalent of one teaspoon in each small mold and bake for 7 minutes (adjust the baking time if using a mini muffin pan).
- Let cool down on a plate.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. With a small brush, apply a fine layer of chocolate on each financier and decorate them according to your taste (for example with granola, cocoa beans, grated coconut, orange powder, etc.).
Enjoy with a good cup of coffee or tea!