10 Dec Gingerbread
This popular winter treat is usually made with a mixture of honey and sugar. We’ve replaced the white sugar with our date sugar to obtain a more aromatic and balanced recipe.
- 100 g date sugar
- 200 g honey
- 1 dl cream of your choice
- 10 g butter of your choice
- 1 packet baking powder
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 350-500 g flour
- In a large pan, heat the date sugar, honey, cream and butter on low heat. Mix well and remove from the stove when the mixture is nice and smooth. Let cool down.
- Put all dry ingredients in the food processor and stir slowly with the hook.
- Carefully add the sugar honey mixture while continuing to stir slowly. Add more flour if necessary. The dough should not be too dry nor too sticky.
- Wrap the dough in clear film and let it rest in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Roll the dough; it should be about 1 cm thick.
- Cut the gingerbread with cookie cutters and put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Careful – the gingerbread should not get too dark.
- Put them on a plate, let them cool down, and decorate them however you wish!
The gingerbread can be stored in a tin.