31 Mar Granola with Barhi Dates and Chocolate
With this delicious, crunchy and gourmet granola recipe you’ll start your day with a smile!
Granola tastes great not only for breakfast, but also as a topping on your favorite sweet treats.
- 50 g Barhi dates
- 30 g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 40 g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave (or other) syrup
- 200 g flakes (oatmeal or others)
- 60 g whole hazelnuts
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 1 handful of berries (barberries, cranberries, or goji)
Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
- In the mixer (food processor) mix the pitted dates. Add ground almonds and cocoa powder, mix. Add coconut oil (melted or at room temperature) and agave syrup, mix again.
- Add cereal flakes, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and mix.
- Spread the granola on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes so the granola gets baked evenly on all sides.
- Remove the granola from the oven and add the berries, mix and put into a jar.
The granola can be kept for several weeks, given it is completely dry. Granola tastes great for breakfast as well as a topping on yogurt, compote or fruit crumble.
Vegan granola recipe: Nawaï Li