28 Apr Salted Almond & Date Cookies
Recipe for 18-20 cookies
- 1 cup Sukari dates, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients (except for the chocolate) until you get a thick dough that clumps together. Be careful to not over-process: the texture should be slightly crunchy with small pieces of almonds and oats.
- Roll the dough into 18-20 balls and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten into cookies and use a fork to make criss-cross lines on the top of each cookie. Sprinkle with some more sea salt and dip a third of each cookie into melted chocolate. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Recipe & photo: Breakfast & Bowls